Sauter Federn - History
Sauter Springs 80 Anniversary
In 1934 - at economically and politically difficult times - Heinrich Sauter made up his mind to venture into entrepreneurship.
On 2 July 1934 the "Heinrich Sauter Spiralfedernfabrik" was entered into the Trade Registry of the Town of Furtwangen.
Operations started in the workshop section of Sauter's home in Eigenheimweg, and in 1950 moved to a location in Goethestrasse, where they reside until now.
In 1951, Gerold Sauter joined as a member of staff and later on took on the lead of the company, which ever since has been experiencing continuous growth.
The space for such growth was created at several stages of building over the time. With a client-focussed philosophy that has been guiding the company from their very beginning Sauter Springs have gained and continues to strengthen its excellent market position.
The "Heinrich Sauter. Fabrik technischer Federn GmbH" are now managed by the third family generation under the brand "Sauter Springs".
Our ultimate goal and incentive has always been to keep the edge over competitors in terms of quality and performance.
Today Sauter Springs live up to this goal by employing highly qualified staff and cutting-edge technologies. The management system, including quality management, is certified under ISO 9001 and ISO TS16949 standards.
In order to be able to respond quickly to external changes, the entire organisation is kept lean and flexible by means of autonomous processes and KAIZEN projects. This helps to avoid wastefulness and encourages us to continue production in Germany.
Sauter Springs are a down to earth company, and we have always relied on our strong points, such as quality, absolute reliability and commitment to service, and have been cultivating these success factors honestly and truthfully over the generations.
March 2015 the new production site in Singen is „online” now. This is a big step on our way to future growth.